Drone for Humanity (DfH) is an inclusive platform of drone owners, registered drone pilots, Artificial Intelligence data analysts, Humanitarian professionals & organizations, and Institutions for actionable interventions not only during humanitarian crisis but also during normal time focusing on preparedness & mitigation measures with continuous study & assessment throughout the year.
Members of DfH can come together either in a voluntary manner or at best at a humanitarian cost.
DfH will follow a strict code of conduct with respect to application of drones & supporting tools.
Code of conduct will be based on core humanitarian principles leading to fair humanitarian practices to ensure dignity to people & adequately address humanitarian imperatives
Purpose of Drone for Humanity Platform
The purpose of this platform is
- to promote safe and responsible use of drones in humanitarian settings with a comprehensive country wide Humanitarian Drone Network.
- to engage in all activities related to disaster management; risk assessment; damage & loss assessment; hazard mapping and its forecasting; and climate change mapping, adaptation and mitigation; etc in order to help all stakeholders including governments and other humanitarian actors in decision making for quick, accurate, and appropriate interventions.
- to engage in all activities of humanitarian & development sectors on issues related to health, education, social, demographic, agriculture, water resources, forest, infrastructure, environmental, economic, etc.
- to get engaged in promoting an appropriate ecosystem by imparting knowledge and awareness among humanitarian organizations, young professional like technology students, volunteers, etc.
- to engage in policy advocacy to facilitate development of enabling environment for use of technology for development governance and humanitarian action.
Do note that the project does not engage in the non-humanitarian works like surveillance of extremism or any kind of spying activities as it considers to be outside the scope of humanitarian services
Promoters of Drone for Humanity
HAI and CDDMASS jointly promote this inclusive platform in collaboration with the humanitarian players in the civil society, corporate sector, and the central and state governments in India.
Any interested individual, organization (profit or non-profit), and institution can become member of DfH platform by pledging expression of interest. Just pledge to undertake activities at humanitarian cost purely as a service in humanitarian crisis.
There is no membership fee.
If you are interested in getting involved in the project, please feel free to contact us.
HUMANITARIAN AID INTERNATIONAL
113, Princess Park, Plot 33, Sector-6, Dwarka,
New Delhi –110075, India
Phone No. +91-9953163572
CENTER FOR DEVELOPMENT AND DISASTER MANAGEMENT SUPPORT SERVICES
2nd Floor, Building No.753-A, Block-H,
Ansal’s Palam Vihar, Gurgaon-122017, India
Tel: 91-11-41026642; +91-9811310841/9899592306
E-mail: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org